Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Tassel's Worth the Hassle

I did it! I graduated from college. My commencement ceremony was this past weekend and it worked out that my brothers were in town for the weekend so my whole family was able to attend. Even though I still have my student teaching to get through it was exciting to be at graduation and celebrate this great accomplishment. As I was sitting there in my cap and gown surrounded by the other graduates I started thinking about my freshman year of college when I would wonder if I would ever make it through college. But here I am four years later with a college degree (almost) and looking back it really wasn’t that hard. I just have one more speed bump to get over now...student teaching. (I had a teacher in college who, whenever he gave us an assignment that appeared difficult, would always say, “Don’t think of this assignment as a mountain to get over, it’s just a speed bump.” So that is what I keep telling myself when I think about getting through student teaching; it is not a mountain, just a speed bump.

This is my parents and me the day they dropped me off in Reno my first year of college....


and this is my parents and me at the end...

5 comments:

Hibbard Family said...

Megan I am SSSOOOOOO proud of you! I'm proud to call you my sister! You are the first Belingheri girl to get a college degree! You go girl!!!!

Hibbard Family said...

oh yeah for anyone who wants to see your grad pictures its at www.flicr.com/belingherimjb

Monica McCoy said...

It totally is worth it huh! I am so happy for you. it feels so good to say that you did it! Congrats and good luck with student teaching. I am coming into town tonight, so I need to see ya.

Jen said...

Congratulations! How exciting you're so close to entering the world of real jobs and real money. Good luck with the student teaching.

Chris and Shelly said...

Good Job Megan!!!! You look great and I love you positive attitude! Hand in there. Student teaching is so much more fun. You'll love it... hopefully:)