Wednesday, April 9, 2008

run run

I have come to the conclusion that I really like running. Since I don't play any sports, running makes me feel somewhat athletic -plus I get tan, which, let's be honest, is pretty much the main reason I run! Anyway, I went running with a friend this afternoon. It was really nice because I usually don't go running with anyone and it was nice to have some company other than my iPod. And it was nice to spend some time with someone I don't normally hang out with. I have always wanted to run a marathon. And after talking with my friend on my run today and hearing about her stories running marathons it made me want to run one even more. So, I have decided to make a commitment and start small by running a half marathon this year!

P.s. Occasionally (just for fun) I will check my horoscope and today's entry was pretty close to my running experience, so I thought I would share, "Shared activities throughout the day could bring you closer to a friend or love partner, dear Leo. You might attend a sports event, a lecture or workshop, a concert, or play - or you could drive out into the country, or just hang out together. Conversations about a number of different subjects may increase your understanding of each other, and leave you with a lot of wonderful memories of the day. Have fun!"

1 comment:

Hibbard Family said...

do it, Meg! If I can run a 1/2 I know you can for sure.... Stacey and me are going to do the Bryce Canyon in July (if I'm not preggers) we could all do it together!