Sunday, March 30, 2008

T-minus five months and counting


I can't believe I am almost done with college. Really, I never thought I would make it through. But I did and now that the day is almost here I am not so sure I am ready to enter the "real world". In less than five months I will be responsible for educating young minds (as long as I make it through student teaching). Am I really ready? It will definitely be scary. Last month I went to a pre-service teacher conference in Washington D.C. and one of the speakers said that 80% of teachers quit within the first five years -or some crazy statistic like that. Cross your fingers I make it longer than that!!

3 comments:

Hibbard Family said...

Megan you will be the first Belingheri girl to graduate from college! You should be very proud of yourself! Teaching won't be easy but you are the perfect person for it, you are patient and kind (unless brett's around haha!) you go girl!

Jen said...

Entering the real world is SO scary. I still have moments (like this morning) where I receive an e-mail asking for me to give direction and I think, "Shouldn't you be asking this question to someone who knows what she's doing?"

But it's also so great to finally have an occupation and see all your hard work in college actually mean something.

Plus, you're the kindest person I know, which means you'll be a great teacher.

Chris and Shelly said...

Megan... I didn't know you had a blog!! I want to see some pics of you and how life is. Graduation is a great thing. I hope you love teaching and really have a big impact on those kids. You should earn a little extra moula and coach track or cross country. The HS boys would love it!!