Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hell Froze Over!

We had some out-of-the-ordinary weather in Vegas this past week. It started snowing Wednesday afternoon just as my students were getting back from lunch. They were just a little wired. It was coming down pretty hard by the time school got out. Having never driven in snow I was little nervous to drive home. But I made it safe and sound! And believe it or not Vegas had a "snow day" they cancelled school on Thursday due to the weather. When was the last time that happened? It was pretty exciting to have a random day off in the middle of the week; however it won't be so fun when we have to make it up later in the year. Speaking of school today was the last day of school for TWO WEEKS! Hooray for Winter Break -the perks of being a school teacher!

A few things on my "To do" list for the next couple of weeks:
1. Finish reading Breaking Dawn -can't believe I haven't finished that yet...
2. Grade papers -work on my break isn't what I wanted to do but that's what I get for having an essay due right before break.
3. Sleep -I am definitely not going to miss the alarm going off at 5:00 am

My dad always says he lives in Vegas because
sunshine is easier to shovel than snow...

Shorts??View from the front of the house
View from the back

1 comment:

kaysi van dyke fox said...

megannn!!! i saw you had a blog on facebook and of course i had to add you!! how are you doing?? it was so good to meet you during thanksgiving!! you're such a sweet girl!! i hope ryan is treating you well!! have a very merry christmas!! :)