Sunday, August 17, 2008

Short, But Sweet

I had a short break in between student teaching and when I had to report to work as a new teacher. So my parents and I took a quick trip to sunny California. We woke up early Saturday morning and drove to LA to see an Angels vs. Yankees game. I am really not a fan of either team, but it was a pretty good game. We cheated and sat in some pretty good seats for about three innings until the real inhabitants showed up and we had to move to our ticketed seats which weren’t so great.
Good Seats
Not so good seats
After the game we drove around LA looking for this famous hot dog stand called Pinks. Apparently it is a big deal, I hadn’t heard of it before but my parents went years ago. Anyway, so after we found the establishment we waited in line for an hour (yes…we waited in line for an hour…for a hog dog…). The hog dog was actually pretty good and would have been even better had I not got the spicy one. WOW!!! is all I have to say.
The line wrapped all the way around the back of the building

So after the excursion at Pinks we drove up the coast a ways to spend the rest of our vacation in breathtaking San Luis Obispo, CA. I love SLO. My brother has lived there for 17 years and I am so glad he does because it makes a great place to vacation in the summer to escape the vegas heat. The high was about 75 degrees while we were there and the nights got down to about 50. Sunday, after church my parents and I went Downtown to a couple stores and then went to Morro Bay, a small touristy coastal town about 20 minutes from SLO. It was beautiful but cold, really cold. We got on a trolley and drove around on that for a little bit and then walked around to a few shops.
Eating lunch in dowtown SLO

On the trolley in Morro Bay

Morro Bay Rock
It was freezing down by the water, but I had to put my feet in!

Monday I didn’t want to do anything except lay by the pool and read. So, that is exactly what I did. I laid by the pool ALL day and it was fantastic! (In case you are wondering I was reading Breaking Dawn!) That night my parents, my brother, and nephew went to Pismo Beach to eat at Splash Cafe, a yummy restaurant and then walked out to the peer and on the beach. It was freezing out on the water. I can’t believe how cold it gets there in the evening.
Waiting outside of Splash, again a long line!

Getting my tan on
My nephew, Mathew
Pismo Beach
And then that was the end of the vacation. I had to be back to work on Wednesday so we drove home Tuesday. The vacation was WAY to short but it was soooo nice to get out of town for a couple of days and it was soooo nice of my parents to take me out of town. Thanks Joe and Shelley!!

3 comments:

Hibbard Family said...

I'm glad you got away. If I didn't have to be a working mom me and Kaden would've crashed your trip! You deserve a break though and I'm glad you got one.

Chris and Shelly said...

Hey Megan, It looks like that was fun. I just wanted to write to say... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you had a good one! We are coming to Vegas tomorrow and we are blessing Spencer on Sunday in our parents ward. If you can make it, I'd love to see you!

Monica McCoy said...

Good Luck with school. I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday, but was outta reach of the internet all day yesterday. Happy Birthday!!!